The PgCert provides you with an opportunity to study at postgraduate level even if you are not initially considering pursuing an entire MA programme. The PgCert can be taken as a standalone qualification, where you can focus on a particular area, or you can progress onto the relevant MA programme.
This programme aims to provide you with a secure knowledge of the major theories, concepts and issues relating to Philosophy in a variety of intellectual traditions and historical and contemporary contexts. You will gain a systematic understanding of a range of debates and discussions raised by past and present approaches to the philosophical reflection. In addition, the PgCert will equip you with the necessary skills appropriate to evaluating, analysing and interpreting both academic and practitioner approaches to Philosophy.
In addition to the core module of What is Philosophy you will choose two optional modules from the range available in the Department of Politics, Philosophy and Religion.
For a complete list of optional modules please see our Departmental pages.
Entry Requirements: A good second class degree, or equivalent in any subject. Relevant professional experience may be considered in lieu of standard qualifications. Students not meeting the standard entry qualifications may be asked to write a 3,000 word essay to demonstrate their academic abilities
IELTS: 6.5 or equivalent
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
- Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies : MA
- Conflict, Development and Security : MA
- Diplomacy and Foreign Policy : MA
- Diplomacy and International Law : LLM/MA
- Diplomacy and International Relations (by Distance Learning) : MA
- Diplomacy and Religion : MA
- International Relations : MA
- International Relations : MRes
- Philosophy : MA
- Philosophy : MPhil/PhD
- Philosophy : PgCert
- Philosophy and Religion : MA
- Politics : MA
- Politics : MPhil/PhD
- Politics and International Relations : PgCert
- Politics and Philosophy : MA
- Politics, Philosophy and Management : MSc
- Politics, Philosophy and Religion : MA
- Religion and Conflict : MA
- Religious Studies : MA
- Religious Studies : MPhil/PhD
- Religious Studies : PgCert