This course has been designed for engineers working, or aspiring to work, in the nuclear decommissioning industry. The syllabus is a unique combination of Engineering, Safety and Environmental material necessary to empower engineers to work across a broad range of disciplines associated with legacy facilities.
The taught aspects of the programme draw on research based expertise from the Departments of Engineering and Environmental Science and on industry based expertise, plus contributions from the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and regulatory bodies.
The taught element of this course consists of eight modules in total; four per academic year.
- Engineering Research Methods
- Operational Safety
- Nullear Engineering Systems
- The Nuclear Engineering Environment
- Project Management in UK Nuclear Decommissioning
- Decommissioning Technology and Robots
- Environmental Decision Making
- Risk Assessment and Remediation