As engineering systems become more complex it is increasingly difficult to show that they will operate safely for their whole life. The programme addresses this problem by exposing students to the knowledge and techniques of safety engineering appropriate to a wide spectrum of industries.
It is suitable for those from a conventional engineering background who find themselves operating in a safety related industry, engineers in the early part of their careers, and those in senior management.
In addition to the generic safety modules, two modules deal with specific industries - Nuclear Engineering and Aerospace. Many high level industrial experts contribute to the course, as visiting speakers, and an important aspect of the work is a critical consideration of real accident case studies. Our graduates are much in demand.
- Engineering Research Methods
- Human Factors in Safety
- Nuclear Engineering Systems or Aerospace Engineering Systems
- Operational Safety
- Strategic Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- The Design of Safety Critical Systems
- Nuclear Safety Environment or Aerospace Safety Environment
- Intelligent Control