This MA provides a rigorous introduction to key issues in social science methodology, expands your proficiency in a range of research skills, and prepares you for further advanced research in the social sciences. It is an ideal stepping stone to a PhD and opens access to ESRC funding programmes.
The course comprises the following modules and a dissertation (working closely with a member of staff).
- Research Projects in Practice
- Either Contemporary Debate in Sociological Theory or Science, Technology and Society
- Secondary Data Analysis
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Methods in the Social Sciences
- Philosophies of Social Science
Choose one from
- Discourse Analysis
- A substantive sociology module
- Methods Lab