The course combines modules in hydrology, water quality and ecology and a research project tailored towards developing skills relevant to starting a career in the UK water sector.It is taught by world experts in their field, including staff from the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology within the Lancaster Environment Centre.
Projects and Work Placements benefit from our strong research links with organisations such as United Utilities, the Environment Agency, Defra and the UK Government Research Councils. As an MSc SWM student you become an associate member of the Centre for Sustainable Water Management and are invited to all of our research and social activities.
- Dissertation Project
plus, choose at least four from:
- Sustainable Water Management: Concepts, Governance and Practice
- Lake Ecology
- Groundwater Resources and Protection
- Modelling Environmental Processes
- Flood Forecasting and Flood Risk Management
- Catchment Protection (field course)
- Two optional modules from a selection of Hydrology, Water Quality and Ecology modules (subject to change)