Lancaster ELT is world renowned for excellence and the MA TEFL programme is a perfect introduction for newcomers to the teaching of English as a foreign language, offering a strong practical orientation.
The programme has enabled many of its graduates to secure employment around the world, while some have proceeded to doctoral study. Support for your studies is provided by the non-credit Postgraduate Academic Study Skills module, which runs in terms 1, 2 and 3. The programme is modular.
- Classroom Language Assessment
- Introduction to Language Teaching 1
- Introduction to Language Teaching 2
- Research Methods in Linguistics and English Language
- Curriculum Design in Language Education
- Instructed Second Language Acquisition
- Pedagogical Grammar
- Second Language Acquisition
- Task based Language Teaching
- Teacher Development in Language Education
- Free choice modules from those offered by the Department