Students with Families
Lancaster and its surrounding areas are a great place for families to live, thanks to the unique combination of city, coast and countryside. The city itself boasts numerous galleries, museums and attractions to keep children entertained, and has a number of excellent schools. On campus, there is a strong community of postgraduate students with young families, with a whole host of support services available.
Families of students have access to:
- Employment support via CEEC.
- Volunteering opportunities via LUSU Involve.
- English language classes, held on Tuesday mornings in the Chaplaincy Centre on campus. (For more information please email email@example.com).
Facilities and activities on campus include:
- The University boasts an excellent pre-school centre that has been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating by Ofsted (the highest grade possible), that caters for children between the ages of three months and five years old.
- Health Centre, Dentist and Pharmacy.
- Brand new Sports Centre with numerous children's activities.
- The 150 year old woodland which surrounds the campus is accessible via our Woodland Walk. As well as students and staff the campus is also home to 120 bird species, three bat species and Roe Deer!
Support groups on campus include:
- The International Women's Group - a place for the wives and partners of international students to meet and make friends with women from a variety of different nationalities and cultures.
- Gatherings in Fylde College's Family Room every Tuesday afternoon from 3pm -6pm. Drinks and light snacks are available, and there is a growing collection of books, toys, games and family DVDs for all to enjoy.