Studying our combined degree of Accounting and Economics gives you the opportunity to learn in two of the country’s leading departments.
You’ll gain an understanding of Economics while taking an Accountancy course that is accredited by all the major British accountancy bodies and provides exemptions from some core professional examinations.
You’ll study the core elements of Economics as well as the key areas in Accounting and Finance, such as analysis and the preparation of information for reporting requirements. You will begin your degree with modules including an Introduction to Accounting and Finance and the Principles of Economics. In your second and third years, you will study subjects such as the Principles of Financial Accounting; Managerial Economics; an Introduction to Econometrics, and Accounting Information Systems and Auditing.
In addition to the technical training needed for a career in accountancy and finance you will confront a range of broader issues and problems. Examples include the crisis in banking, failures in corporate governance, fairness in organisations, CEO salaries and incentives in organisations.
- Financial Mathematics : BSc Hons
- Finance : BSc Hons
- Accounting and Finance : BSc Hons
- Accounting, Finance and Mathematics : BSc Hons
- Accounting, Finance and Computer Science : BSc Hons
- Finance and Economics : BSc Hons
- Accounting and Economics : BSc Hons
- Finance and Management Studies : BSc Hons
- Accounting and Management Studies : BSc Hons
- Accounting, Auditing and Finance : BSc Hons