Biochemistry examines the structure and function of living organisms at the molecular level. It is an exciting and rapidly developing subject and the primary investigative science within biology and medicine.
The first year of your Biochemistry degree involves core modules such as Protein Biochemistry, Cell Structure and Function, and Genetics - all designed to give you a good overview of key modern biochemical concepts. However, at the same time, the first year of your degree still permits flexibility as you will also be able to choose an additional five modules from any of the Bioscience subjects on offer.
In the second year of your course, you'll focus on a range of Biochemistry modules, including Cell Biology and Medical Microbiology, as well as some more practically oriented modules designed to equip you with the laboratory skills and knowledge required by a successful biochemist. Students on our Study Abroad variant spend the second year at a university in Australasia, Canada or the USA.
You have the flexibility to tailor your final year to your biochemical interests and can select from a diverse range of subjects including Cell Signalling, Cancer, Biology of Ageing, and Neurobiology.
- Pre-medical Studies : Certificate of Higher Education
- Biomedical Science : BSc Hons
- Biochemistry with Biomedicine : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Cell Biology : BSc Hons
- Cell Biology (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences with Biomedicine : BSc Hons
- Biology with Psychology : BSc Hons
- Biochemistry : BSc Hons
- Biomedicine : BSc
- Biochemistry (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Biomedicine : MSci
- Biochemistry with Genetics : BSc Hons