Our Biochemistry with Biomedicine degree is for students with a broad interest in the biochemical processes of life and how these are altered by disease. We have extensive links with local hospitals, both in research activities and in the teaching on our biomedical-based courses.
Your degree begins with a range of modules designed to provide you with a broad overview of both subject disciplines and includes Molecules of Life, Biomedicine and Society, Organic Chemistry, and Anatomy and Tissue Structure.
In your second year, you'll move on to a range of biochemical and biomedical subjects, with several modules designed to develop key laboratory skills required by scientists in these areas. These modules include Medical Microbiology, Biochemistry, and Genetics. In addition, you have the option of studying either Microbiological Techniques or Practical Physiology depending on your interests.
You can tailor your degree in the final year to match your interests, selecting from a diverse range of subjects including Tropical Diseases, Protein Biochemistry, Biology of Ageing, and Ethics in Biomedicine.
- Pre-medical Studies : Certificate of Higher Education
- Biomedical Science : BSc Hons
- Biochemistry with Biomedicine : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Cell Biology : BSc Hons
- Cell Biology (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences with Biomedicine : BSc Hons
- Biology with Psychology : BSc Hons
- Biochemistry : BSc Hons
- Biomedicine : BSc
- Biochemistry (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Biomedicine : MSci
- Biochemistry with Genetics : BSc Hons