This degree offers you a diverse choice of modules in genetics, biomedicine, microbiology, ecology, physiology and conservation. You start your Biological Sciences degree studying modules such as Cell Structure and Function and Evolutionary Biology. The flexible nature of the course enables you to transfer to one of our more specialised degree programmes after your first year.
In your second year, you can take modules including Medical Microbiology and Populations to Ecosystems. If you take our Study Abroad variant, you will spend the year studying at a partner university in the USA, Canada or Australasia. In your final year we offer you courses including Biology of Ageing and Global Change Biology.
Our links with external research institutions, such as hospitals and industrial laboratories, add even greater texture to your experience.
- Pre-medical Studies : Certificate of Higher Education
- Biomedical Science : BSc Hons
- Biochemistry with Biomedicine : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Cell Biology : BSc Hons
- Cell Biology (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences with Biomedicine : BSc Hons
- Biology with Psychology : BSc Hons
- Biochemistry : BSc Hons
- Biomedicine : BSc
- Biochemistry (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Biomedicine : MSci
- Biochemistry with Genetics : BSc Hons