Our Business Economics degree will provide you with a strong foundation in economic theories and principles with a particular focus on examining their relevance to business and management. This course has greater flexibility to combine Economics with one or more subjects chosen from other departments. You will need to specify your intended specialism on Section 3 of your UCAS application. During your course, you can choose to continue these subjects or focus more fully on Economics.
In your first year, you'll study Principles of Economics and choose two first year subjects from courses offered by the Management School, Politics and International Relations or Modern Languages departments.
You'll spend your second year following courses including Managerial Economics, Business and International Macroeconomics and Applied Business Economics. Students following our Study Abroad option will spend their second year at a partner university in North America or Australasia where you take equivalent courses for full credit towards your degree.
In your third and final year, you'll study Industrial Organisation and International Business, alongside further optional topics in Economics, Management, Politics and International Relations or Languages.
- Economics and Mathematics : BSc Hons
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics : BA Hons
- Economics : BSc Hons
- Economics (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Business Economics : BA Hons
- Business Economics (Study Abroad) : BA Hons
- Economics : MEcon Hons
- Economics and International Relations : BA Hons
- Economics and Politics : BA Hons
- Economics and Geography : BA Hons
- Finance and Economics : BSc Hons