Taught in the world-class Lancaster University Management School (LUMS), our three-year joint honours Finance and Economics degree provides an excellent academic foundation for anyone interested in a career in management and finance.
Your Finance studies cover capital markets, investment decision-making and option pricing. Your degree will also require you to study financial statement analysis. In Economics, you will study micro-economics at an individual and market level and focus on national economies at the macro-economic level. You will also take a rigorous look at wider contemporary economic issues, such as the crisis in banking, failures in corporate governance, fairness in organisations, CEO salaries and incentives in organisations.
You'll begin your degree with courses including an Introduction to Accounting and Finance and Principles of Economics. In your second year, you'll study subjects such as Advanced Principles of Finance; Micro and Macro Economics, and Financial Statement of Analysis. You'll complete your degree with modules including Corporate Finance; International Financial Management, and Investments.
- Economics and Mathematics : BSc Hons
- Financial Mathematics : BSc Hons
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics : BA Hons
- Economics : BSc Hons
- Economics (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Business Economics : BA Hons
- Business Economics (Study Abroad) : BA Hons
- Economics : MEcon Hons
- Economics and International Relations : BA Hons
- Economics and Politics : BA Hons
- Economics and Geography : BA Hons
- Finance : BSc Hons
- Accounting and Finance : BSc Hons
- Accounting, Finance and Mathematics : BSc Hons
- Accounting, Finance and Computer Science : BSc Hons
- Finance and Economics : BSc Hons
- Accounting and Economics : BSc Hons
- Finance and Management Studies : BSc Hons
- Accounting and Management Studies : BSc Hons
- Accounting, Auditing and Finance : BSc Hons