Lancaster's Organisation Studies and Sociology degree gives you the opportunity to benefit from teaching by renowned academics in our Department of Organisation Work and Technology (OWT) and our Department of Sociology. This three-year degree can also be extended to four years, where the third year is spent either studying abroad or working in the UK on industrial placement.
Your degree will help you understand how organisations shape our identities and how their actions affect the societies we live in. You'll graduate with a critical understanding of the significance and role of organisations and management in modern industrialised societies.
In your first year you'll gain a thorough overview of both subjects with modules including Management and Organisations and Sociology. In your second and third years, you'll choose from an extensive list of optional courses, analysing in detail a range of topics such as Management and Information Systems; Management and Society; Classical and Contemporary Organisation Theory; Human Resource Management, and Technology and Organisation.
- Organisation Studies and Psychology : BA Hons
- Management and Information Technology (4 years including placement) : BSc Hons
- Sociology : BA Hons
- Politics and Sociology : BA Hons
- Criminology and Sociology : BA Hons
- Media and Cultural Studies : BA Hons
- Management and Organisation : BA Hons
- Management and Organisation (Study Abroad) : BA Hons
- Management and Organisation (Human Resource Management) : BA Hons
- Organisation Studies and Sociology : BA Hons
- Film and Sociology : BA Hons
- Religious Studies and Sociology : BA Hons