Lancaster UCU is committed to celebrating the diversity of all members of the University community. It works specifically to ensure that all local UCU members have the ability to maximise their potential. We work to ensure that all members have an equality of opportunity regardless of their age, race, religion or belief, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or gender.
We work with the University to ensure the 9 protected characteristics for each member are respected by the employer. We can provide information, advice and
guidance for members.
Members can expect help, guidance and protection in any one of the following 9 characteristics:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnerships
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion and belief
- Sexual orientation
Lancaster University operates under a single equality strategy and this strategy aims to ensure that:
- equality and diversity issues are not marginalised
- the challenges of ensuring the legal requirements relating to equality groups are fulfilled
- our response to equality and diversity is clearly and effectively communicated
Lancaster UCU has a dedicated Equality officer and on these pages we will aim to bring you information on the latest news within equality and events you may wish to attend.
- Equality and Diversity information at Lancaster University.
- Government Equality Site.
- National UCU Equality Pages
- Equality Act information from the UCU.